REVELATION 21Other translations - previous - next - meaning - Revelation - BM Home - Full Page
1. And I saw a New Heaven and a New Earth, for the former heaven and the former earth were passed away; and the sea was no more.
2. And I John saw the holy city the New Jerusalem coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a Bride adorned for her Husband.
3. And I heard a great voice out of heaven, saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people, and He Himself shall be with them their God.
4. And God shall wipe away every tear from their eyes; and death shall be no more, neither mourning nor crying, neither shall there be labor (trouble) any more, for the former things have passed away.
5. And He that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write; for these words are true and faithful.
6. And He said unto me, It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give unto him that thirsteth of the fountain of the water of life freely.
7. He that overcometh shall possess as an inheritance all things; and I will be his God, and He shall be My son.
8. But the fearful, and the unfaithful, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake burning with fire and brimstone; which is the second death.
9. And there came unto me one of the seven angels having the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and he spake with me, saying, Come, I will show thee the Bride, the Lamb‘s Wife.
10. And He carried me away in the spirit upon a great and high mountain, and showed me the great city, the holy Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God,
11. Having the glory of God, and her light was like unto a stone most precious, as it were a jasper stone, shining like crystal.
12. Having a wall great and high, having twelve gates, and over the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are those of the twelve tribes of the sons of Israel.
13. On the east three gates, on the north three gates, on the south three gates, and on the west three gates.
14. And the wall of the city having twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.
15. And he that was speaking with me had a golden reed, to measure the city and the gates thereof and the wall thereof.
16. And the city lieth four-square, and the length thereof is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand stadia; the length and the breadth and the height of it were equal.
17. And he measured the wall thereof, a hundred forty-four cubits, the measure of a man which is of an angel.
18. And the structure of the wall thereof was jasper, and the city was pure gold like pure glass.
19. And the foundations of the wall of the city were adorned with every precious stone. The first foundation was jasper, the second sapphire, the third chalcedony, the fourth emerald,
20. The fifth sardonyx, the sixth sardius, the seventh chrysolite, the eighth beryl, the ninth topaz, the tenth chrysoprasus, the eleventh jacinth, the twelfth amethyst.
21. And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; each one of of the gates was of one pearl; and the street of the city was pure gold as it were transparent glass.
22. And I saw no temple therein; for the Lord God Almighty is the temple of it and the Lamb.
23. And the city hath no need of the sun and of the moon to shine in it, for the glory of God did lighten it, and the lamp thereof is the Lamb.
24. And the nations which are saved shall walk in the light of it, and the kings of the earth shall bring their glory and honor into it.
25. And the gates of it shall not be shut by day; for there shall be no night there; and they shall bring the glory and honor of the nations into it.
26. And there shall not enter into it any unclean thing and that doeth abomination and a lie, but they that are written in the Lamb’s book of life.REVELATION 21 Other translations - previous - next - meaning - Revelation - BM Home - Full Page