REVELATION 9Other translations - previous - next - meaning - Revelation - BM Home - Full Page
1. And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth, and to him was given the key of the pit of the abyss.
2. And he opened the pit of the abyss; and there went up a smoke out of the pit of the abyss, as the smoke of a great furnace: and the sun and the air were darkened from the smoke of the pit.
3. And out of the smoke there went forth locusts upon the earth; and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.
4. And it was said to them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, nor any green thing, nor any tree; but only the men who had not the seal of God in their foreheads.
5. And it was given to them that they should not kill them, but that they should torment them five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion when it striketh a man.
6. And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.
7. And the likenesses of the locusts were like unto horses prepared for war; and upon their heads as it were crowns like gold, and their faces were as the faces of men.
8. And they had hair as the hair of women, and their teeth were as those of lions.
9. And they had breastplates, as breastplates of iron; and the voice of their wings was as the voice of chariots of many horses running to war.
10. And they had tails like unto scorpions; and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months.
11. And they had a king over them, the angel of the abyss, whose name in the Hebrew is Abaddon, and in the Greek he hath the name Apollyon.
12. One woe is past; behold, there come two woes more herb after.
13. And the sixth angel sounded, and I heard a voice from the four horns of the golden altar that is before God.
14. Saying to the sixth angel who had the trumpet, Loose the four angels that are bound at the great river Euphrates.
15. And the four angels were loosed; who were prepared for an hour, and a day, and a month, and a year, to kill a third part of men.
16. And the number of the armies of horsemen was two myriads of myriads: and I heard the number of them.
17. And thus I saw the horses in the vision, and them that sat upon them, having breastplates of fire, and jacinth, and brimstone; and the heads of the horses were as the heads of lions; and out of their mouths issued fire, and smoke, and brimstone.
18. By these three was a third part of men killed, by the fire, and by the smoke, and by the brimstone, that issued out of their mouths.
19. And their power was in their mouth; for their tails were like unto serpents, having heads, and with them they hurt.
20. And the rest of the men who were not killed by these plagues, yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not adore demons, and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and wood; which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk:
21. Neither repented they of their murders, nor of their enchantments, nor of their whoredoms, nor of their thefts.REVELATION 9 Other translations - previous - next - meaning - Revelation - BM Home - Full Page