REVELATION 17Other translations - previous - next - meaning - Revelation - BM Home - Full Page
1. And there came one of the seven angels that had the seven vials and spake with me, saying unto me, Come; I will show thee the judgment of the great harlot, that sitteth upon many waters:
2. With whom the kings of the earth have committed whoredom, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her whoredom.
3. And he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness; and I saw a woman sitting upon a scarlet beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.
4. And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet, and inwrought with gold, and precious stone, and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand, full of abominations and uncleanness of her whoredom.
5. And upon her forehead was a name written, Mystery; Babylon the great, the mother of whoredoms and abominations of the earth.
6. And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the witnesses of Jesus; and when I saw her, I wondered with great wonder.
7. And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou wonder? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and the ten horns.
8. The beast that thou sawest, was, and is not; and is about to come up out of the abyss, and to go into perdition; and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, seeing the beast that was and is not, and yet is.
9. This is the mind that hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, where the woman sitteth upon them.
10. And they are seven kings; five have fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he is come, he must remain a short time.
11. And the beast that was, and is not, is himself the eighth, and is of the seven; and he goeth into perdition.
12. And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, who have not yet received a kingdom; but they receive authority as kings one hour with the beast.
13. These have one mind, and they shall give over their power and authority unto the beast.
14. These shall fight with the Lamb; but the Lamb shall overcome them; for He is the Lord of lords and King of kings; and they who are with Him are called, chosen, and faithful.
15. And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the harlot sitteth, are peoples and multitudes, and nations and tongues.
16. And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the harlot, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her up with fire.
17. For God gave into their hearts to do His mind, and to do one mind, and to give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be consummated.
18. And the woman whom thou sawest is the great city that hath a kingdom over the kings of the earth.REVELATION 17 Other translations - previous - next - meaning - Revelation - BM Home - Full Page