GENESIS 7Other translations - previous - next - meaning - Genesis - BM Home - Full Page
1. And Jehovah said unto Noah, Enter thou and all thy house into the ark; for thee have I seen righteous before Me in this generation.
2. Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the man (vir) and his wife; and of the beast that is not clean by twos, the man and his wife.
3. Of the fowl of the heavens also by sevens, male and female, to keep seed alive upon the faces of the whole earth.
4. For in yet seven days I will cause it to rain upon the earth forty days and forty nights; and every substance that I have made will I destroy from off the faces of the ground.
5. And Noah did according to all that Jehovah commanded him.
6. And Noah was a son of six hundred years, and the flood of waters was upon the earth.
7. And Noah went in, and his sons, and his wife, and his sonss wives with him, into the ark, from before the waters of the flood.
8. Of the clean beast, and of the beast that is not clean, and of the fowl, and of everything that creepeth upon the ground.
9. There went in two and two unto Noah into the ark, male and female, as God had commanded Noah.
10. And it came to pass after the seven days that the waters of the flood were upon the earth.
11. In the six hundredth year of Noah’s life, in the second month, in the seventeenth day of the month, in that day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the cataracts of heaven were opened.
12. And the rain was upon the earth forty days and forty nights.
13. In the self-same day entered Noah, and Shem, and Ham, and Japheth, the sons of Noah, and Noah‘s wife, and the three wives of his sons with them, into the ark.
14. They, and every wild animal after its kind, and every beast after its kind, and every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth after its kind; and every fowl after its kind, every flying thing, every winged thing.
15. And they went in unto Noah into the ark, two and two of all flesh wherein is the breath of lives.
16. And they that went in, went in male and female of all flesh, as God had commanded him. And Jehovah shut after him.
17. And the flood was forty days upon the earth, and the waters increased, and bare up the ark, and it was lifted up from off the earth.
18. And the waters were strengthened, and were increased exceedingly upon the earth; and the ark went upon the face of the waters.
19. And the waters were strengthened very exceedingly upon the earth, and all the high mountains that were under the whole heaven were covered.
20. Fifteen cubits upward did the waters prevail, and covered the mountains.
21. And all flesh died that creepeth upon the earth, as to fowl, and as to beast, and as to wild animal, and as to every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth; and every man.
22. All in whose nostrils was the breathing (flatus) of the breath of lives, of all that was in the dry (land), died.
23. And He destroyed every substance that was upon the faces of the ground, from man even to beast, even to creeping thing, and even to the fowl of the heavens; and they were destroyed from the earth; and Noah only was left, and that which was with him in the ark.
24. And the waters were strengthened upon the earth a hundred and fifty days.GENESIS 7 Other translations - previous - next - meaning - Genesis - BM Home - Full Page