GENESIS 8Other translations - previous - next - meaning - Genesis - BM Home - Full Page
1. And God remembered Noah, and every wild animal, and every beast that was with him in the ark; and God made a wind to pass over the earth, and the waters assuaged.
2. The fountains also of the deep, and the cataracts of heaven were stopped, and the rain from heaven was restrained.
3. And the waters receded from off the earth, going and returning; and after the end of a hundred and fifty days the waters failed.
4. And the ark rested in the seventh month, on the seventeenth day of the month, upon the mountains of Ararat.
5. And the waters were going and failing until the tenth month; in the tenth month, on the first day of the month, the tops of the mountains appeared.
6. And it came to pass at the end of forty days, that Noah opened the window of the ark which he had made:
7. And he sent forth a raven, and it went forth, going and returning, until the waters were dried up from off the earth.
8. And he sent forth a dove from him, to see if the waters were abated from off the faces of the ground.
9. And the dove found no rest for the sole of her foot, and she returned unto him to the ark, for the waters were on the faces of the whole earth; and he put forth his hand and took her, and brought her in unto him into the ark.
10. And he stayed yet other seven days; and again he sent forth the dove out of the ark;
11. And the dove came back to him at eventide; and lo in her mouth an olive leaf plucked off; so Noah knew that the waters were abated from off the earth.
12. And he stayed yet other seven days, and sent forth the dove, and she returned not again unto him any more.
13. And it came to pass in the six hundred and first year, in the beginning, on the first of the month, that the waters were dried up from off the earth; and Noah removed the covering of the ark, and saw, and behold, the faces of the ground were dry.
14. In the second month, on the seven and twentieth day of the month, was the earth dry.
15. And God spake unto Noah, saying,
16. Go forth from the ark, thou and thy wife, and thy sons, and thy sons‘ wives with thee.
17. Every wild animal that is with thee of all flesh, as to fowl, and as to beast, and as to every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth, bring forth with thee, that they may spread themselves in the earth, and be fruitful, and multiply upon the earth.
18. And Noah went forth, and his sons, and his wife, and his sons’ wives with him.
19. Every wild animal, every creeping thing, and every fowl, every thing that creepeth upon the earth, according to their families, went forth out of the ark.
20. And Noah builded an altar unto Jehovah; and took of every clean beast, and of every clean fowl, and offered burnt-offerings on the altar.
21. And Jehovah smelled an odor of rest; and Jehovah said in His heart, I will not again curse the ground any more on man‘s account; because the imagination of man’s heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more everything living, as I have done.
22. During all the days of the earth, seed time and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night, shall not cease.GENESIS 8 Other translations - previous - next - meaning - Genesis - BM Home - Full Page