GENESIS 6Other translations - previous - next - meaning - Genesis - BM Home - Full Page
1. And it came to pass that man began to multiply himself upon the faces of the ground, and daughters were born unto them.
2. And the sons of God saw the daughters of man that they were good; and they took to themselves wives of all that they chose.
3. And Jehovah said, My spirit shall not reprove man forever, for that he is flesh; and his days shall be a hundred and twenty years.
4. There were Nephilim in the earth in those days; and most especially after the sons of God went in unto the daughters of man, and they bare to them; the same became mighty men, who were of old, men of renown.
5. And Jehovah saw that the evil of man was multiplied on the earth, and that all the imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil every day.
6. And it repented Jehovah that He had made man on the earth, and it grieved Him at His heart.
7. And Jehovah said, I will destroy man whom I have created, from upon the faces of the ground, both man and beast, and creeping thing, and fowl of the heavens; for it repenteth Me that I have made them.
8. And Noah found grace in the eyes of Jehovah.
9. These are the births of Noah; Noah was a man righteous and perfect in his generations: Noah walked with God.
10. And Noah begat three sons: Shem, Ham, and Japheth.
11. And the earth was corrupt before God; and the earth was filled with violence.
12. And God saw the earth, and behold it was corrupt, for all flesh had corrupted its way upon the earth.
13. And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before Me, for the earth is filled with violence from their faces, and behold I will destroy them with the earth.
14. Make thee an ark of gopher woods; mansions shalt thou make the ark, and shalt pitch it within and without with pitch.
15. And thus shalt thou make it: three hundred cubits the length of the ark, fifty cubits its breadth, and thirty cubits its height.
16. A window shalt thou make to the ark, and to a cubit shalt thou finish it from above; and the door of the ark shalt thou set in the side thereof; with lowest, second, and third stories shalt thou make it.
17. And I, behold I do bring the flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh wherein is the breath of lives from under the heavens; everything that is in the earth shall expire.
18. And I will set up My covenant with thee; and thou shalt enter into the ark, thou and thy sons, and thy wife, and thy sons‘ wives with thee.
19. And of every living thing of all flesh, pairs of all shalt thou make to enter into the ark, to keep them alive with thee; they shall be male and female.
20. Of the fowl after its kind, and of the beast after its kind, of every creeping thing of the ground after its kind, pairs of all shall enter unto thee, to keep them alive.
21. And take thou unto thee of all food that is eaten, and gather it to thee, and it shall be for food for thee and for them.
22. And Noah did according to all that God commanded him; so did he.GENESIS 6 Other translations - previous - next - meaning - Genesis - BM Home - Full Page