GENESIS 46Other translations - previous - next - meaning - Genesis - BM Home - Full Page
1. And Israel journeyed, and all that he had, and came to Beersheba, and sacrificed sacrifices to the God of his father Isaac.
2. And God said to Israel in the visions of the night, and He said, Jacob, Jacob. And he said, Behold me.
3. And He said, I am God; the God of thy father; fear not to go down into Egypt, for I will there make of thee a great nation.
4. I will go down with thee into Egypt; and I will cause thee to go up, even in going up; and Joseph shall put his hand upon thine eyes.
5. And Jacob rose up from Beersheba; and the sons of Israel carried Jacob their father, and their babes, and their women, in the carts which Pharaoh had sent to carry him.
6. And they took their cattle, and their acquisition which they had acquired in the land of Canaan, and came into Egypt, Jacob, and all his seed with him:
7. His sons, and his sons‘ sons with him, his daughters, and his sons’ daughters, and all his seed, brought he with him into Egypt.
8. And these are the names of the sons of Israel, who came into Egypt, of Jacob and of his sons: Reuben, Jacob‘s firstborn.
9. And the sons of Reuben; Hanoch, and Pallu, and Hezron, and Carmi.
10. And the sons of Simeon; Jemuel, and Jamin, and Ohad, and Jachin, and Zohar, and Shaul the son of a Canaanitish woman.
11. And the sons of Levi; Gershon, and Kohath, and Merari.
12. And the sons of Judah; Er, and Onan, and Shelah, and Perez, and Zerah; but Er and Onan died in the land of Canaan. And the sons of Perez were Hezron and Hamul.
13. And the sons of Issachar; Tola, and Puvah, and Iob, and Shimron.
14. And the sons of Zebulun; Sered, and Elon, and Jahleel.
15. These are the sons of Leah, whom she bare unto Jacob in Paddan-aram, and his daughter Dinah; all the souls of his sons and of his daughters were thirty and three.
16. And the sons of Gad; Ziphion, and Haggi, Shuni, and Ezbon, Eri, and Arodi, and Areli.
17. And the sons of Asher; Imnah, and Ishvah, and Ishvi, and Beriah, and Serah their sister; and the sons of Beriah; Heber, and Malchiel.
18. These are the sons of Zilpah, whom Laban gave to Leah his daughter, and these she bare to Jacob: sixteen souls.
19. The sons of Rachel Jacob’s wife; Joseph and Benjamin.
20. And to Joseph were born in the land of Egypt, whom Asenath the daughter of Potiphera priest of On bare unto him, Manasseh and Ephraim.
21. And the sons of Benjamin; Bela, and Becher, and Ashbel, Gera, and Naaman, Ehi, and Rosh, Muppim, and Huppim, and Ard.
22. These are the sons of Rachel, who were born to Jacob: all the souls were fourteen.
23. And the sons of Dan; Hushim.
24. And the sons of Naphtali; Jahzeel, and Guni, and Jezer, and Shillem.
25. These are the sons of Bilhah, whom Laban gave unto Rachel his daughter, and these she bare to Jacob; all the souls were seven.
26. All the soul that came with Jacob into Egypt, that came out of his thigh, besides Jacob‘s sons’ women, all the souls were sixty and six.
27. And the sons of Joseph, who were born to him in Egypt, were two souls. All the souls of the house of Jacob, that came into Egypt, were seventy.
28. And he sent Judah before him unto Joseph, to show before him unto Goshen; and they came into the land of Goshen.
29. And Joseph harnessed his chariot, and went up to meet Israel his father, to Goshen; and he was seen of him, and fell upon his necks, and wept upon his necks a long while.
30. And Israel said unto Joseph, Let me die, after that I have seen thy faces, that thou art yet alive.
31. And Joseph said unto his brethren, and unto his father‘s house, I will go up, and will tell Pharaoh, and will say unto him, My brethren, and my father’s house, who were in the land of Canaan, are come unto me;
32. And the men are shepherds of the flock, for they are men of cattle; and they have brought their flocks, and their herds, and all that they have.
33. And it may be that Pharaoh will call you, and will say, What are your works?
34. And ye shall say, Thy servants have been men of cattle from their youth even until now, both we, and our fathers; in order that ye may dwell in the land of Goshen; for every shepherd of the flock is an abomination of the Egyptians.GENESIS 46 Other translations - previous - next - meaning - Genesis - BM Home - Full Page