GENESIS 45Other translations - previous - next - meaning - Genesis - BM Home - Full Page
1. And Joseph could not restrain himself before all that were standing by him; and he cried, Cause every man to go out from with me. And there stood not anyone with him while Joseph made himself known unto his brethren.
2. And he gave forth his voice in weeping; and the Egyptians heard, and the house of Pharaoh heard.
3. And Joseph said unto his brethren, I am Joseph; doth my father yet live? And his brethren could not answer him; for they were in consternation before him.
4. And Joseph said unto his brethren, Come ye near to me I pray. And they came near. And he said, I am Joseph your brother, whom ye sold into Egypt.
5. And now be not grieved, neither let there be anger in your eyes, that ye sold me hither; for God did send me before you to make to live.
6. For this two years the famine is in the midst of the land; and there are yet five years wherein is no plowing and harvest.
7. And God sent me before you to put for you remains in the land, and to make you live for a great escape.
8. And now not you have sent me hither, but God; and He set me for a father to Pharaoh, and for lord to all his house, and I rule in all the land of Egypt.
9. Haste ye and go up to my father, and say unto him, Thus hath said thy son Joseph, God hath set me for lord to all Egypt; come down unto me, tarry not:
10. And thou shalt dwell in the land of Goshen, and thou shalt be near unto me, thou, and thy sons, and thy sons‘ sons, and thy flocks, and thy herds, and all that thou hast:
11. And I will sustain thee there; for there are yet five years of famine; lest thou be rooted out, thou, and thy house. hold, and all that thou hast.
12. And behold your eyes see, and the eyes of my brother Benjamin, that with my mouth I am speaking unto you.
13. And ye shall tell my father all my glory in Egypt, and all that ye have seen; and haste ye and bring down my father hither.
14. And he fell upon his brother Benjamin’s necks and wept; and Benjamin wept upon his necks.
15. And he kissed all his brethren, and wept upon them; and afterward his brethren talked with him.
16. And the voice was heard in Pharaoh‘s house, saying, Joseph’s brethren have come: and it was good in the eyes of Pharaoh, and in the eyes of his servants.
17. And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, Say unto thy brethren, This do ye; lade your beasts, and go, come ye into the land of Canaan;
18. And take your father, and your households, and come unto me; and I will give you the good of the land of Egypt, and ye shall eat the fat of the land.
19. And now commanded, this do ye: take you out of the land of Egypt carts for your babes, and for your women, and bring your father, and come.
20. And let not your eye be sparing upon your stuff; because the good of the whole land of Egypt, this is for you.
21. And the sons of Israel did so: and Joseph gave them carts, according to the mouth of Pharaoh, and gave them provision for the way.
22. And to all of them he gave to each changes of garments; and to Benjamin he gave three hundred pieces of silver, and five changes of garments.
23. And to his father he sent after this manner: ten asses carrying of the good of Egypt, and ten she-asses carrying grain and bread and nourishment for his father for the way.
24. And he sent his brethren away, and they departed; and he said unto them, Contend not in the way.
25. And they went up out of Egypt, and came into the land of Canaan unto Jacob their father.
26. And they told him, saying, Joseph is yet alive, and he is ruler in all the land of Egypt. And his heart failed, because he believed them not.
27. And they spake unto him all the words of Joseph, which he spake unto them; and he saw the carts which Joseph had sent to carry him, and the spirit of Jacob their father revived:
28. And Israel said, It is much; Joseph my son is yet alive; I will go and see him before I die.GENESIS 45 Other translations - previous - next - meaning - Genesis - BM Home - Full Page