GENESIS 10Other translations - previous - next - meaning - Genesis - BM Home - Full Page
1. And these are the nativities of the sons of Noah: Shem, Ham, and Japheth: and unto them were sons born after the flood.
2. The sons of Japheth: Gomer, and Magog, and Madai, and Javan, and Tubal, and Meshech, and Tiras.
3. And the sons of Gomer: Ashkenaz, and Riphath, and Togarmah.
4. And the sons of Javan: Elishah, and Tarshish, Kittim, and Dodanim.
5. From these were spread abroad the isles of the nations in their lands, every one according to his tongue, according to their families, as to their nations.
6. And the sons of Ham: Cush, and Mizraim, and Put, and Canaan.
7. And the sons of Cush: Seba, and Havilah, and Sabtah, and Raamah, and Sabteca. And the sons of Raamah: Sheba, and Dedan.
8. And Cush begat Nimrod. He began to be a mighty one in the earth.
9. He was mighty in hunting before Jehovah; wherefore it was said, As Nimrod, mighty in hunting before Jehovah.
10. And the beginning of his kingdom was Babel, and Erech, and Accad, and Calneh, in the land of Shinar.
11. Out of that land went forth Asshur, and built Nineveh, and the city of Rehoboth, and Calah.
12. And Resen, between Nineveh and Calah; this is that great city.
13. And Mizraim begat Ludim, and Anamim, and Lehabim, and Naphtuhim.
14. And Pathrusim, and Casluhim, from whom went forth the Philistines, and Caphtorim.
15. And Canaan begat Zidon, his firstborn, and Heth.
16. And the Jebusite, and the Amorite, and the Girgashite.
17. And the Hivite, and the Arkite, and the Sinite.
18. And the Arvadite, and the Zemarite, and the Hamathite. And afterwards were the families of the Canaanites spread abroad.
19. And the border of the Canaanites was from Zidon, in coming to Gerar, even unto Gaza; in coming to Sodom, and Gomorrah, and Admah, and Zeboiim, even unto Lasha.
20. These are the sons of Ham, according to their families, according to their tongues, in their lands, in their nations.
21. And there was born to Shem also; he is the father of all the sons of Eber; the elder brother of Japheth.
22. The sons of Shem: Elam, and Asshur, and Arpachshad, and Lud, and Aram.
23. And the sons of Aram: Uz, and Hul, and Gether, and Mash.
24. And Arpachshad begat Shelah; and Shelah begat Eber.
25. And unto Eber were born two sons; the name of the one was Peleg, for in his days was the earth divided; and his brotherís name was Joktan.
26. And Joktan begat Almodad, and Sheleph, and Hazarmaveth, and Jerah.
27. And Hadoram, and Uzal, and Diklah.
28. And Obal, and Abimael, and Sheba.
29. And Ophir, and Havilah, and Jobab. All these were the sons of Joktan.
30. And their dwelling was from Mesha, in coming to Sephar, the mountain of the east.
31. These are the sons of Shem, according to their families, according to their tongues, in their lands, according to their nations.
32. These are the families of the sons of Noah, according to their nativities, in their nations; and from these were spread abroad the nations in the earth after the flood.GENESIS 10 Other translations - previous - next - meaning - Genesis - BM Home - Full Page