EXODUS 23Other translations - previous - next - meaning - Exodus - BM Home - Full Page
1. Thou shalt not take up a report of emptiness. Put not thy hand with the wicked to be a witness of violence.
2. Thou shalt not be after many to do evils; and thou shalt not answer upon a cause to turn aside after many to pervert it:
3. And thou shalt not reverence a poor man in his cause.
4. When thou shalt meet thine enemy‘s ox, or his ass, going astray, bringing back thou shalt bring it back to him.
5. When thou shalt see the ass of him that hateth thee lying under his burden, and wouldest forbear to remove it for him, removing thou shalt remove it with him.
6. Thou shalt not wrest the judgment of thy needy in his cause.
7. Keep thee far from the word of a lie; and the innocent and the righteous slay thou not; for I will not justify the wicked.
8. And thou shalt not take a present, because a present blindeth those who have their eyes open, and perverteth the words of the righteous.
9. And a sojourner shalt thou not oppress; for ye know the soul of a sojourner, seeing that ye were sojourners in the land of Egypt.
10. And six years thou shalt sow thy land, and shalt gather the produce thereof:
11. And in the seventh thou shalt let it lie fallow, and shalt release it; and the needy of thy people shall eat; and what they leave the wild animal of the field shall eat. So shalt thou do to thy vineyard, and to thine oliveyard.
12. Six days thou shalt do thy works, and on the seventh day thou shalt cease; that thine ox and thine ass may rest; and the son of thy handmaid, and the sojourner, may take breath.
13. And all that I have said unto you ye shall keep; and ye shall not mention the name of other gods; it shall not be heard upon thy mouth.
14. Three times thou shalt keep a feast unto Me in the year.
15. The feast of unleavened things shalt thou keep; seven days thou shalt eat unleavened things, as I commanded thee, at the time appointed of the month Abib; because in it thou camest forth out of Egypt; and My faces shall not be seen empty:
16. And the feast of the harvest, of the firstfruits of thy works, which thou sowedst in the field; and the feast of ingathering, in the going out of the year, when thou gatherest in thy works out of the field.
17. Three times in the year shall every male of thine appear before the faces of the Lord Jehovih.
18. Thou shalt not sacrifice the blood of My sacrifice upon what is fermented; and the fat of My feast shall not remain overnight until the morning.
19. The first of the firstfruits of thy ground thou shalt bring into the house of Jehovah thy God. Thou shalt not boil a kid in its mother’s milk.
20. Behold I send an angel before thee, to guard thee in the way, and to bring thee to the place which I have prepared.
21. Take heed of his face, and hear his voice, lest thou provoke him; for he will not endure your transgression; because My name is in the midst of him.
22. For if hearing thou shalt hear his voice, and do all that I speak, I will act as an enemy against thine enemies, and I will act as an adversary against thine adversaries.
23. When Mine angel shall go before thee, and shall bring thee unto the Amorite, and the Hittite, and the Perizzite, and the Canaanite, the Hivite, and the Jebusite; and I shall cut him off:
24. Thou shalt not bow down thyself to their gods, and shalt not serve them, and shalt not do after their works; for destroying thou shalt destroy them, and breaking shalt break in pieces their statues.
25. And ye shall serve Jehovah your God, and He shall bless thy bread, and thy waters; and I will take away disease from the midst of thee.
26. There shall not be one miscarrying, or barren, in thy land; the number of thy days I will fulfil.
27. I will send My terror before thee, and I will trouble all the people to whom thou shalt come, and I will give to thee the neck of all thine enemies.
28. And I will send the hornet before thee, and it shall drive out the Hivite, the Canaanite, and the Hittite, from before thee.
29. I will not drive him out from before thee in one year; lest perchance the land be desolate, and the wild beast of the field be multiplied upon thee.
30. By little and little I will drive him out from before thee, until thou be fruitful, and inherit the land.
31. And I will set thy border from the sea Suph, and even unto the sea of the Philistines, and from the wilderness even unto the river; for I will give into your hand the inhabitants of the land; and I will drive them out from before thee.
32. Thou shalt not make a covenant with them, and with their gods.
33. They shall not dwell in thy land, lest perchance they make thee sin against Me when thou shalt serve their gods; because it will be a snare to thee.EXODUS 23 Other translations - previous - next - meaning - Exodus - BM Home - Full Page