REVELATION 13Other translations - previous - next - meaning - Revelation - BM Home - Full Page
1. And I saw a beast coming up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten diadems, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.
2. And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet like a bear‘s, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion; and the dragon gave him his power, and his throne, and great authority.
3. And I saw one of his heads as if wounded to death; and the stroke of his death was healed; and the whole earth wondered after the beast.
4. And they adored the dragon, which gave authority to the beast; and they adored the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to fight with him?
5. And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and there was given unto him authority to work forty-two months.
6. And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme His name, and His tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.
7. And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them; and there was given him authority over every tribe and tongue and nation.
8. And all that dwell on the earth shall adore Him whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
9. If anyone hath an ear let him hear.
10. If anyone shall lead into captivity he shall go into captivity, if anyone shall kill with the sword, he must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.
11. And I saw another beast coming up out of the earth, and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.
12. And he exerciseth all the authority of the first beast before him, and he causeth the earth and them that dwell therein to adore the first beast, whose stroke of his death was healed.
13. And he doeth great signs, so that he also maketh fire to come down from heaven unto the earth before men.
14. And he seduceth them that dwell upon the earth, on account of the signs which were given for him to do before the beast; saying to them that dwell upon the earth, that they should make an image to the beast which hath the stroke of the sword and did live.
15. And it was given unto him to give breath to the image of the beast, that the image of the beast may both speak, and cause that as many as do not adore the image of the beast should be killed.
16. And he causeth all, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free and the bond, that he should give them a mark upon their right hand, and upon their foreheads.
17. And that no one could buy or sell, if he hath not the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
18. Here is wisdom. He that hath intelligence let him count the number of the beast; for it is the number of a man; and his number is six hundred sixty-six.REVELATION 13 Other translations - previous - next - meaning - Revelation - BM Home - Full Page