GENESIS 17Other translations - previous - next - meaning - Genesis - BM Home - Full Page
1. And Abram was a son of ninety years and nine years and Jehovah appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am God Shaddai; walk thou before Me, and be thou perfect.
2. And I will give My covenant between Me and thee, and will multiply thee very exceedingly.
3. And Abram fell upon his faces; and God spake with him saying:
4. I, behold, My covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be for a father of a multitude of nations.
5. And thy name shall no more be called Abram; and thy name shall be Abraham, for a father of a multitude of nations have I made thee.
6. And I will make thee fruitful very exceedingly, and I will make thee nations, and kings shall go forth from thee.
7. And I will set up My covenant between Me and thee and thy seed after thee, unto their generations, for an eternal covenant, to be to thee for God, and to thy seed after thee.
5. And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land of thy sojournings, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be to them for God.
9. And God said unto Abraham, And thou shalt keep My covenant, thou and thy seed after thee, unto their generations.
10. This is My covenant, which ye shall keep, between Me and you and thy seed after thee, that every male be circumcised unto you.
11. And ye shall circumcise the flesh of your foreskin, and it shall be for a sign of a covenant between Me and you.
12. And a son of eight days shall be circumcised unto you, every male in your generations, he that is born in the house, and he that is bought with silver from every son that is a stranger, who is not of thy seed.
13. Circumcising he shall be circumcised that is born in thy house, and he that is bought with thy silver; and My covenant shall be in your flesh for an eternal covenant.
14. And the uncircumcised male, who is not circumcised in the flesh of his foreskin, that soul shall be cut off from his peoples, he hath made vain My covenant.
15. And God said unto Abraham, Sarai thy wife, thou shalt not call her name Sarai for Sarah is her name.
16. And I will bless her, and will also give thee a son from her; and I will bless her, and she shall be for nations; kings of peoples shall be from her.
17. And Abraham fell upon his faces, and laughed, and said in his heart, Shall there be born to a son of a hundred years? And shall Sarah, that is a daughter of ninety years, bear?
18. And Abraham said unto God, Would that Ishmael might live before Thee!
19. And God said, Truly Sarah, thy wife, shall bear thee a son, and thou shalt call his name Isaac; and I will set up My covenant with him for an eternal covenant, to his seed after him.
20. And as for Ishmael, I have heard thee; behold I will bless him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him very exceedingly; twelve princes shall he beget, and I will make him a great nation.
21. And My covenant will I set up with Isaac, whom Sarah shall bear unto thee at this set time in the following year.
22. And He left off speaking with him; and God went up from over Abraham.
23. And Abraham took Ishmael his son, and all that were born in his house, and all that were bought with his silver, every male among the men of Abraham‘s house, and circumcised the flesh of their foreskin in the selfsame day, as God spake with him.
24. And Abraham was a son of ninety and nine years, when he was circumcised in the flesh of his foreskin.
25. And Ishmael his son was a son of thirteen years, when he was circumcised in the flesh of his foreskin.
26. In the self-same day was Abraham circumcised, and Ishmael his son.
27. And all the men of his house, he that was born in the house, and he that was bought with silver from the stranger, were circumcised with him.GENESIS 17 Other translations - previous - next - meaning - Genesis - BM Home - Full Page