EXODUS 33Other translations - previous - next - meaning - Exodus - BM Home - Full Page
1. And Jehovah spake unto Moses, Go, go up from hence, thou and the people which thou hast made to come up out of the land of Egypt, unto the land of which I sware unto Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, saying, To thy seed will I give it:
2. And I will send an angel before thee; and I will drive out the Canaanite, the Amorite, and the Hittite, and the Perizzite, the Hivite, and the Jebusite:
3. Unto a land flowing with milk and honey; for I will not go up in the midst of thee; because thou art a stiff-necked people. Perchance I should consume thee in the way.
4. And the people heard this evil word, and they mourned; and they put not any man his ornament upon him.
5. And Jehovah said unto Moses, Say unto the sons of Israel, Ye are a stiff-necked people; I will come up into the midst of thee in a moment, and will consume thee; therefore now bring down thine ornaments from upon thee, and I shall know what I will do to thee.
6. And the sons of Israel stripped themselves of their ornament, by Mount Horeb.
7. And Moses took a tent, and stretched it for himself without the camp, afar off from the camp; and he called it the tent of meeting. And it was that everyone requiring of Jehovah went out unto the tent of meeting that was outside the camp.
8. And it was that when Moses went out unto the tent, all the people rose up, and stood every man at the door of his tent, and looked after Moses, until he had entered into the tent.
9. And it was that when Moses entered into the tent, the pillar of cloud descended, and stood at the door of the tent, and spake with Moses.
10. And all the people saw the pillar of cloud standing at the door of the tent; and all the people rose up and bowed themselves, every man at the door of his tent.
11. And Jehovah spake unto Moses faces to faces, as a man speaketh unto his neighbor. And he returned unto the camp; and his minister Joshua the son of Nun, a boy, moved not out of the midst of the tent.
12. And Moses said unto Jehovah, See, Thou sayest unto me, Make this people come up; and Thou hast not made known to me whom Thou wilt send with me. And Thou hast said, I know thee by name, and thou hast also found grace in Mine eyes.
13. And now I pray, if I have found grace in Thine eyes, make known to me I pray Thy way, that I may know Thee, because I have found grace in Thine eyes; and see that this nation is Thy people.
14. And He said, My faces shall go, and I will make thee to rest.
15. And he said unto Him, If Thy faces go not, do not make us go up from hence.
16. And wherein shall it ever become known that I have found grace in Thine eyes, I and Thy people? is it not in Thy going with us? and we shall be rendered prominent, I and Thy people, above all the people that are upon the faces of the ground.
17. And Jehovah said unto Moses, I will do this word also that thou hast spoken; because thou hast found grace in Mine eyes, and I know thee by name.
18. And he said, Make me see, I pray, Thy glory.
19. And He said, I will make all My good pass by over thy faces, and will call on the name of Jehovah before thee; and I will show grace to whom I show grace, and I will show mercy to whom I show mercy.
20. And He said, Thou canst not see My faces; because a man shall not see Me and live.
21. And Jehovah said, Behold a place with Me, and thou shalt stand upon the rock:
22. And it shall be when My glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a cleft of the rock, and will cover the palm of My hand over thee, until I have passed by.
23. And I will remove the palm of My hand, and thou shalt see My back parts; and My faces shall not be seen.EXODUS 33 Other translations - previous - next - meaning - Exodus - BM Home - Full Page