GENESIS 25Other translations - previous - next - meaning - Genesis - BM Home - Full Page
1. And Abraham added, and took a woman, and her name was Keturah.
2. And she bare him Zimran, and Jokshan, and Medan, and Midian, and Ishbak, and Shuah.
3. And Jokshan begat Sheba and Dedan. And the sons of Dedan were Asshurim, and Letushim, and Leummim.
4. And the sons of Midian: Ephah, and Epher, and Hanoch, and Abida, and Eldaah. All these were the sons of Keturah.
5. And Abraham gave all that he had unto Isaac.
6. And to the sons of the concubines that Abraham had, Abraham gave gifts; and he sent them away from Isaac his son, while he was yet living, eastward to the land of the east.
7. And these are the days of the years of the lives of Abraham which he lived; a hundred years, and seventy years, and five years.
8. And Abraham expired and died in a good old age, an old man and sated, and was gathered to his peoples.
9. And Isaac and Ishmael his sons buried him in the cave of Machpelah, in the field of Ephron the son of Zohar the Hittite, which is before Mamre;
10. The field which Abraham purchased of the sons of Heth: there was Abraham buried, and Sarah his wife.
11. And it came to pass after the death of Abraham that God blessed Isaac his son; and Isaac dwelt at Beer-lahai-roi.
12. And these are the births of Ishmael the son of Abraham, whom Hagar the Egyptian. Sarah’s handmaid, bare unto Abraham
13. And these are the names of the sons of Ishmael, in their names, according to their births: the firstborn of Ishmael, Nebaioth; and Kedar, and Adbeel, and Mibsam;
14. And Mishma, and Dumah, and Massa;
15. Hadar, and Tema, Jetur, Naphish, and Kedemah:
16. These are the sons of Ishmael, and these are their names, in their villages and in their castles; twelve princes of their peoples.
17. And these are the years of the life of Ishmael, a hundred years, and thirty years, and seven years; and he expired and died, and was gathered unto his peoples.
18. And they dwelt from Havilah unto Shur, that is before Egypt, as thou goest toward Assyria: he fell upon the faces of all his brethren.
19. And these are the births of Isaac, the son of Abraham: Abraham begat Isaac.
20. And Isaac was a son of forty years when he took Rebekah, the daughter of Bethuel the Aramean, of Paddan-aram, the sister of Laban the Aramean, to himself for a woman.
21. And Isaac entreated Jehovah for his woman, because she was barren, and Jehovah was entreated of him, and Rebekah his woman conceived.
22. And the sons struggled together within her; and she said, If so, why am I thus? And she went to inquire of Jehovah.
23. And Jehovah said unto her, Two nations are in thy womb, and two peoples shall be separated from thy bowels, and the one people shall prevail over the other people, and the elder shall serve the younger.
24. And her days were fulfilled to bring forth, and behold twins were in her womb.
25. And the first came forth red all over like a hairy garment, and they called his name Esau.
26. And after that came forth his brother, and his hand laid hold on Esau‘s heel, and he called his name Jacob: and Isaac was a son of sixty years when she bare them.
27. And the boys grew up: and Esau was a man skillful in hunting, a man of the field; and Jacob was a perfect man, dwelling in tents.
28. And Isaac loved Esau, because his hunting was in his mouth; and Rebekah loved Jacob.
29. And Jacob boiled pottage, and Esau came from the field, and he was weary.
30. And Esau said to Jacob, Cause me to sup I pray of the red, this red, for I am weary; therefore he called his name Edom.
31. And Jacob said, Sell me as this day thy birthright.
32. And Esau said, Behold I am going to die, and for what is this birthright to me?
33. And Jacob said, Swear to me as this day; and he sware unto him, and he sold his birthright unto Jacob.
34. And Jacob gave Esau bread and pottage of lentils; and he did eat and drink, and rose up and went away; and Esau despised the birthright.GENESIS 25 Other translations - previous - next - meaning - Genesis - BM Home - Full Page