GENESIS 2Other translations - previous - next - meaning - Genesis - BM Home - Full Page
1. And the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the army of them.
2. And on the seventh day God finished His work which He had made; and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had made.
3. And God blessed the seventh day, and hallowed it, because that in it He rested from all His work which God in making created.
4. These are the nativities of the heavens and of the earth when He created them, in the day in which Jehovah God made the earth and the heavens.
5. And there was no shrub of the field as yet in the earth, and there was no herb of the field as yet growing, because Jehovah God had not caused it to rain upon the earth. And there was no man to till the ground.
6. And He made a mist to ascend from the earth, and watered all the faces of the ground.
7. And Jehovah God formed man, dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of lives, and man became a living soul.
8. And Jehovah God planted a garden eastward in Eden, and there He put the man whom He had formed.
9. And out of the ground made Jehovah God to grow every tree desirable to behold, and good for food; the tree of lives also, in the midst of the garden; and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.
10. And a river went out of Eden to water the garden, and from thence it was parted, and was into four heads.
11. The name of the first is Pishon; that is it which compasseth the whole land of Havilah, where there is gold.
12. And the gold of that land is good; there is bdellium and the onyx stone.
13. And the name of the second river is Gihon; the same is it that compasseth the whole land of Cush.
14. And the name of the third river is Hiddekel; that is it which goeth eastward toward Assyria; and the fourth river is Euphrates.
15. And Jehovah God took the man, and put him in the garden of Eden, to till it and take care of it.
16. And Jehovah God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden eating thou mayest eat.
17. But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it; for in the day that thou eatest thereof, dying thou shalt die.
18. And Jehovah God said, It is not good that the man should be alone, I will make him a help as with him.
19. And Jehovah God formed out of the ground every beast of the field, and every fowl of the heavens, and brought it to the man to see what he would call it; and whatsoever the man called every living soul, that was the name thereof.
20. And the man gave names to every beast, and to the fowl of the heavens, and to every wild animal of the field; but for the man there was not found a help as with him.
21. And Jehovah God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and he slept; and He took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh in the place thereof.
22. And the rib which Jehovah God had taken from the man, He built into a woman, and brought her to the man.
23. And the man said, This now is bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh; therefore she shall be called wife, because she was taken out of man (vir).
24. Therefore shall a man (vir) leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife, and they shall be one flesh.
25. And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.GENESIS 2 Other translations - previous - next - meaning - Genesis - BM Home - Full Page