EXODUS 13Other translations - previous - next - meaning - Exodus - BM Home - Full Page
1. And Jehovah spake unto Moses, saying,
2. Sanctify to Me all the firstborn, that which openeth every womb among the sons of Israel, in man and in beast; it is Mine.
3. And Moses said unto the people, Remember thou this day, in which ye went out from Egypt, out of the house of servants; because in strength of hand Jehovah led you forth from hence; and what is leavened shall not be eaten.
4. This day ye go forth, in the month Abib.
5. And it shall be when Jehovah shall have brought thee unto the land of the Canaanite, and the Hittite, and the Amorite, and the Hivite, and the Jebusite, which He sware to thy fathers to give thee, a land flowing with milk and honey, that thou shalt serve this service in this month.
6. Seven days thou shalt eat unleavened things, and in the seventh day is a feast to Jehovah.
7. Unleavened things shall be eaten seven days; and that which is leavened shall not be seen with thee, leaven shall not be seen with thee in all thy border.
8. And thou shalt tell thy son in that day, saying, It is because of that which Jehovah did for me, in my going forth out of Egypt.
9. And it shall be for a sign unto thee upon thine hand, and for a memorial between thine eyes, that the law of Jehovah may be in thy mouth; because with a strong hand hath Jehovah led thee forth out of Egypt.
10. And thou shalt keep this statute at the set time from year to year.
11. And it shall be when Jehovah shall have brought thee in to the land of the Canaanite, as He sware to thee and to thy fathers, and shall have given it thee:
12. That thou shalt cause to pass over to Jehovah all that openeth the womb; and all that openeth of the offspring of a beast, which shall be to thee males, shall be for Jehovah.
13. And all that openeth of an ass thou shalt redeem with one of the flock; and if thou wilt not redeem it, then thou shalt break its neck; and every firstborn of man among thy sons shalt thou redeem.
14. And it shall be when thy son shall ask thee tomorrow, saying, What is this? that thou shalt say unto him, In strength of hand Jehovah led us forth from Egypt, from the house of servants.
15. And it was that Pharaoh hardened himself against letting us go, and Jehovah slew all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of man and even to the firstborn of beast; therefore I sacrifice to Jehovah all that openeth the womb, being males; and all the firstborn of my sons I redeem.
16. And it shall be for a sign upon thine hand, and for frontlets between thine eyes; because in strength of hand Jehovah led us forth out of Egypt.
17. And it was in Pharaoh‘s letting the people go, that God led them not by the way of the land of the Philistines, because that was near; for God said, Perchance the people will repent when they see war, and will return to Egypt.
18. And God led the people about, by the way of the wilderness, the sea Suph; and the sons of Israel went up armed out of the land of Egypt.
19. And Moses took the bones of Joseph with him for swearing he had caused the sons of Israel to swear, saying, Visiting God will visit you; and ye shall bring up my bones with you from hence.
20. And they journeyed from Succoth, and encamped in Etham, at the end of the wilderness.
21. And Jehovah went before them by day in a pillar of cloud, to lead them in the way; and by night in a pillar of fire, to give them light; to go by day and by night.
22. The pillar of cloud by day, and the pillar of fire by night, departed not from before the people.EXODUS 13 Other translations - previous - next - meaning - Exodus - BM Home - Full Page